Thursday, November 29, 2012

Progress: McCalls 6442 - A

Well I have made some progress.  Adding Sleeves and hemming are my next and final steps, along with a few clips of thread.  Boy did I make some major modifications.  First I did not line, second made some changes to the installation of the hood and the facing.  My pockets also match my facing leopard print. 

I am quite pleased at how it is coming along.  The picture looks a little louder than what the fabric actually it.  It is at night and the flash from the camera makes the coat looks loud.  It does have somewhat of a sheen to it.  This of course will not be an everyday coat, more like a special occasion.  I like it.



10 comments :

  1. I love your lining. Will the collar fold back to show off your lining?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Regina, yes it does fold back to show off lining. The leopard lining is only on the inside, so if I pull the hood up over my head, you won't see it much. Did I answer your question? LOL

      Delete
  2. That is sooooooooo pretty!! I love bright in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, me too. I have to finish it by hemming and taking the facing, but I am very very pleased with the outcome.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne. What did you sew this weekend? You know I need my Adrienne creation fix for the week.

      Delete
  4. You did a great job!!!!!! I just cut this out a couple of weeks ago and I sat down today to sew it up and I realized I have lost the instructions...UGHHH
    Would you please send me a copy of page 1 and 2 of the directions?
    jancar003@gmail.com

    Thank you so much,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Sure, I'll take it to work tomorrow and send it to. Happy creating.

      Delete
  5. Great job!!!!!!! I just cut this out a couple of weeks ago and I just sat down to sew it up and realized I lost the instructions UGHHHHH!
    Would you please send me a copy of the sewing directions?
    jancar003@gmail.com
    Thank you very much,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I just cut this out a couple of weeks ago and st down to sew it up today and realized I don't have the instructions UGHHHHHH
    Would you please send me the directions?

    jancar003@gmail.com
    Thank you very much,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS