I've been backing off from sewing pants for along time. I just could never seem to get them right, no matter the style. Even elastic waist, zippered front, side, back, nothing seemed to totally make me happy. So I have been practicing and I came across a few Youtube Videos and Websites that showed you how to use a pair pants that fit you well to make a pattern for your pants.
I decided to try this method and it worked for me to some degree. I did have to make a lot of modifications, and guess what! I still don't have a pattern because I traced my pants onto newspaper which was torn and ragged so bad I had to toss it. But nevertheless, I am please with the outcome.
Something I learned while working on this project: Even though I always pressed my seams, finishing them is so important. Something I did not really get the full concept of until now.