Monday, March 31, 2014

The Romper/Jumpsuit - Wardrobe Staple - McCalls 6083

I am a big fan of jumpsuits.  Always have been from a little girl.  I remember my Grandmother make my sisters and I yellow jumpsuit with white ruffles around the top and bottom.  Every girl in school wanted one of our jumpsuits (I know it sounds hideous), but it was really cute.  She would always make us rompers for the summer too, in so many different colors.  Well as I got older and my body changed so did my love for jumpsuits and rompers.  But since I have taken a step toward healthier living, my body has become a just a tad bit more jumpsuit friendly.  

Here is the first of many more to come this season:


Better view of the fabric:


Happy Sewing!

15 comments :

  1. Ok, I am traditionally anti-jumpsuit. But I saw you on Pattern review and Honey, you are wearing the heck out of this- you may have created a convert. I love this on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not a fan of jumpsuits either for a long time. But now I am in Jumpsuit heaven, come on over dear!

      Delete
  2. Cute! You're going to really enjoy wearing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing on you Melanie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pattern did you use for this jumpsuit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that on you! I've looked at jumpsuit patterns & thought naaa better not lol! but then thought wellll it's the same as wearing a blouse/pants kinda things just all in one lol! hummm gonna have to rethink the jumpuit issue lol
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over Helen to the Jumpsuit side, would love to have you. LOL

      Delete
    2. lol Melanie you always inspire me to step outta my comfort box & try new things!
      Helen

      Delete
  6. Lovely jumpsuit and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job!! The jumpsuit looks great. I am in the process of making it myself. May I ask, when you cut out the front and back bottoms, did you find that they were different widths??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, I think they are the same width, but the front is slightly arched upward so the length is longer. I actually added 2 inches to both the front and back.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS