Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Yeah Me - Making Strides!

Yeah me. Off the topic of sewing, but I had to share because it really does relate to how my clothes are now fitting. I decided to make a lifestyle change earlier this year. I said lifestyle change not diet. I
 
I use to be very active; I ran, worked out and lifted weights. In March of 2008, I had horrific motorcycle accident where I almost lost my right arm, both knees where crushed and my right ankle was mangled. 
 
I had to have emergency surgery to repair/save my arm. I was hospitalized for weeks, but for the Glory of God I am here today to tell you guys about how awesome his is.  I am strong believer.  
 
Anywhoo, fast forward today, I have reached my goal of losing 10lbs, by walking, portion control (I still eat everything I love), lots of water (no sodas or sugary drinks at all), and minimizing carbs. If I eat a burger, I only eat half of the bun (I prefer the bottom).  
 
Yeah me. I’ll share pictures soon, but here is a picture of my bike, that I so loved and miss, and a picture of what my arm looks like inside and out. 
 
Now off to work on my next 10lbs and sewing some awesome stuff to celebrate.
 
 
 

6 comments :

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS