Monday, December 3, 2012

B5420 - View "B" - Review

Another wardrobe builder top.  Its Butterick 5420.  Really simple, from cut to sew up it too me 2 hours.  It could have been less, but I had to seam rip a whole side, not paying attention, and trying to rush through completion.  I love the color though it doesn't look as purple as it really is.  My picture gives it a more of blue tint to it. 

Here is a quick Review. 


Pattern Description: Misses Top – View “B”.

 Pattern Sizing: 8-22.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy, didn’t really follow them completely. The pattern was self-explanatory for the most part. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like everything.

Fabric Used: Polyester Stretch Knit

 Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No modifications made

 Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I plan to make a couple of the other variations provided.

Conclusion: Very early, maybe a couple of hours from cut to finish. It’s a great wardrobe builder.








7 comments :

  1. Pretty...I've had purple and emerald green ponte knit on my mind for a while and I ordered me some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MAD14kt, I love Ponte Knit, and I am going to get me some more to stash away. Its so easy and durable to work with.

      Delete
  2. Love this! I am really into purple lately, I find myself buying more of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi. I am into purple also. I am very pleased how this top came out.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS