Wednesday, January 17, 2018

2017 Gone but Never Forgotten - The Losses are Huge

2017 to say the least was a very hard year for me and my family.  My Stepfather (DAD), gained his wings this past December, after long battle with COPD, Massive Heart Attack and several strokes.  My favorite uncle, also gained his wings 6 days before Dad, after a long bought with cancer.  My Mom and her Sister loss their husband's within 6 days of each other.  Though we expected my Dad to go any day while he in Hospice care, but we were not expecting my uncles sudden passing.  

My Mom retired and dedicated her life to caring for DAD to the very end.  It was hard watching her again lose a husband.  My Stepfather (Fred) loss his battle with Cancer in 1999.   He and Mom married when I was eight years old.  He was the best to ever happen to Mom and my two Sisters.  He was so loving and caring and never treated us or spoke of us as Step ever.   We have truly been blessed with two amazing men in our lives who stepped in the gap of our biological Father who did not have a hand in raising us at all.   

My uncle James was more of a big Brother than an uncle.  He was a gentle giant who loved uses as his own.  He would do all the special thinks a big brother would do with three little sisters.  Take us to the park, to the beach and drive in movies. My Auntie is my Mom's only sibling on her Mother's side and is 5 years younger than my Mom.  They have a very close bond and live very close to one another.  I am saddened by their loss, but glad that together they will be able to support, love and heal together.   

This year was a doozer, I put away a lot of things like sewing to be there for my Mom and Aunt, but I wouldn't change a thing.  I am so very glad I was able to be there for them both. 


Happy Sewing!

3 comments :

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I lost my mother in June after many years of poor health. My mom was in hospice and I was prepared. 6- weeks later I lost my sister, she was my best friend. The pain was unbearable, my family, friends and faith got me through the last five months. Yes 2017 was awful and riddance!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your loss. 2017 was a bad year for my family as well. My husband lost his dad and grandfather during the year. I pray that God will continue to comfort you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Melanie, I'm praying that this year will be a great one for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS