Wednesday, November 22, 2017

MYSTYLE: Detachable Peplum Belt


I was asked to participate in a competition with "That Sewing Blab", a Face Book sewing community.  There contest is a 3 Round competition where you receive a mystery item and you have to incorporate it into a garment.   The applique in the pictures was the mystery item.

When I received it, I wasn't sure waht to do with it as it was little large.  I didn't want to just place it on a top or jacket, it is very beautiful, these pictures does it no justice.  So I decided to make me a Peplum Belt, I had saved several peplum belts on my Pinterest board previously so I had some inspiration to work with.   





My belt was self drafted and I used the Applique as a closure.  I made a 4 inch waistband and a made two half circles that I pleated in the front and back.  It was a quick make, and I love the way it came out.  Oh and I won the first challange.


Happy Sewing!

1 comment :

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS