Wednesday, November 22, 2017

MYSTLE: Butterick 5837: Gathered Bottom Maxi Skirt

Sometimes I want really easy sewing projects.  I wanted something I could throw over my head and keep moving.  This pattern fits the bill.   I made this dress using a very stretchy Jersey Knit.  I was the perfect weight and color for this project. 

I could wear a belt for more of a finished look or just be cool and comfy wearing it loosely.  Either way it can be dressed up or down depending on the look your going for.





Pattern Deets:

2.   I used a JerseyKnit 
3.   I self lined top and finished the hems with a coverstitch machine
4.   I add about 2 inches too the side seams of the bottom for fullness with gathers
5.   I would recommend as it is a very quick and easy pattern


Happy Sewing!

1 comment :

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS