Wednesday, November 22, 2017

MYSTYLE: New Look 6519: Kimono Sleeve Top


I absolutely love the simplicity of this top.  I am really starting to like these simple New Look patterns. They make, making a garment quick and simple with several variations to receive different looks . It was such a quick make I was not even going to post about it.  But I decided to do a quick post because the color popped and the fabric is heavenly.  It's a Techno textured knit.  It is a 4 way stretch that I picked up at Fine Fabrics in Atlanta.    The Fabric is so soft.  

I could literally see a closet full of these tops.  You can dress them up or down, it really is a great wardrobe staple.





Pattern Deets:

2.   I used a Techno Knit with texture
3.   I hemmed the bottom and sleeves using my coverstitch machine
4.   I added 3 inches to the belt tie so that it could wrap around my body, the pattern makes for it to tie only in the front of the top. 
5.   I also didn't use any facing, I just hemmed the cut edges. 


Happy Sewing!

2 comments :

  1. I agree that it's worth sharing. Love the color and have purchased Techno Knit before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blouse. I made this blouse in a stretch cotton and it is absolutely one of my favorites. I also added inches to the belt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS