Monday, October 23, 2017

MYSTYLE: McCalls 6084 - Cardigain in Forest Green Ponte Knit


Working on adding some simple but effective pieces to my wardrobe.  This cardigan was very easy to make, about an hour and half from cut to hem.  

I needed something to wear to my Husband's co-worker birthday dinner party which was held at a restaurant.  I always freeze at restaurants, so I new I wanted to wear sleeves, but didn't want to have to put on a jacket or something heavy.  It was a beautiful night and the weather was cool but not cold outside.  

I have had this pattern in my stash for awhile, and I have always wanted to make it and never got around to it.  I got off from work on Friday, and whipped this baby up about an hour before we were due to leave the house.  Gave me plenty time to shower and  fix my face (picutres don't show it though, tee-hee).

              








Pattern Deets:

2.   I used a Ponte Roma Knit (my favorite choice of knit fabrics)
3.   I hemmed the bottom and sleeves using my coverstitch machine
4.   I cut about 3 inches off of bottom, as the pattern is long and I wanted more of a top than cardigan look 
5.   The pattern doesn't call for it but I made a sash/tie for a different look (didn't use the tie on this particular night) 


Happy Sewing!

14 comments :

  1. Great looking cardigan and love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie

    I love your cardigan top.
    Nice and easy but soft and
    Chic. Well done for one hour and I love when us Sew Divas
    have the cool machines to get the job done.....such as the
    Coverstitch machine which makes topstitching and hemming
    very easy breezy....I love my
    Coverstitch machine.

    Sew Impressed
    Smile
    Renee


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, that's exactly what I love about it too. Quick and easy. My Coverstitch is my best friend. So very quick to use.

      Delete
  3. The color is just smashing Melanie. The carddi is both cute and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I love the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful on you! And you can't have enough Cardi's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Myra, I need about hundred of them in my life. Thanks friend.

      Delete
  6. You always look amazing to me, my friend and this day in this lovely green cardi is no exception! Isn’t it nice when you can go shopping in your own pattern stash for last minute gems? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is wonderful. I am so grateful for me being blessed with the gift of sewing.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS