Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Fall/Winter Wardrobe Essentials - Burda 6838 and MccCalls 6514

Living in Florida definitely has its Plus' and minuses.  The biggest plus for me is the year round sunny weather.  Though I love the fall and the changing of the season, I really don't care for the mess of snow.  

For the most part, my wardrobe sucks for the cooler months.  Though we only get a day here or there of cool weather, maybe the lowest being in the 30's.  I am really not equipped for it.  I have a few sweaters, sweats, and a Denim jacket, but I don't really have a fall wardrobe.  So I decided to focus on a few items to beef my fall closet. Not many as I really won't get an opportunity to use them. 

This a set I made in my favorite fall color right now.  


 







I am so hearting anything, Maroon, Burgandy,  Merlot, Mahogany, and Plum.    After wearing them together, I felt like I was drowning and decided to pair them with other wardrobe essentials. 


 

The pants are amazing, and I love the way they flow when I walk.  I used McCalls 6514 for the bottom and I can several more of these yummies in my closet. I'm thinking a heather grey as shown on the pattern cover would be cute.  The top is Burda 6838, which I have made several times.  

There were no modifications in either pattern, and they came together well.   Happy Sewing!

3 comments :

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS