Monday, September 26, 2016

FABRICISTA CHALLENGE: I AM NO LONGER A CONTESTANT

I was eliminated after the second round.   It was explained that I had the lowest scores on my Trench Coat submission. I love my trench coat and I thought I did a marvelous job based on my personality and my style.  It was an honor and privilege to have been chosen and able to participate. 

The other contestants did an amazing job, and I was in awe at how much work and detail they put into their coats within such a short amount of time.   The winner of the 2nd Challenge made a very nice coat.  Go over to the blog and check them out if you haven't.  I a rooting for them all to go on to win.  




Now its is back to my regularly scheduled sewing.  I have so many great projects in the works.  Hope you guys stay tuned.   Happy Sewing!.


10 comments :

  1. You did a fantastic job Melanie and I'm so happy that you just "went for it" and applied...and both of your garments for the 2 challenges you did were AMAZING, so "you" and will make great additions to your wardrobe!

    Alrighty...time to get back on track with sewing up some cute fall looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, I was sorry to see you go. I think you all did an outstanding job and it was really tough competition. You made it farther than I think I would have. Congrats on actually getting in the competition to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really bummed! You did a great job and I think the denim looks fantastic on you. I'm working hard to do you proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. You did an awesome job. I appreciate you.

      Delete
  4. What a gracious post! It was a challenging contest especially since they asked you to make a trench in a week...not something most sewists do! To me it should have been a 2 week challenge for sure! Your trench was awesome and perfect for your weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn, this means everything to me coming from a seasoned sewer. Again, thanks kindly.

      Delete
  5. I totally disagree with the judges!!! Everyone has there own opinion...I love your work and can't wait to see what comes from your studio next! Let's get those sewing machines humming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh Myra you make my heart sing. You are such a kind heart and I appreciate you for that.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS