Friday, December 9, 2016

Fall Wardrobe Essentials: Apple Green Suit, New Look 6481 and 6080

I only own one suit.  I have had it for a very long time.  It is black of course and I haven't worn it in about 10 years. It was basically my funeral suit sad to say.  I have retired it to the back of the closet but not ready to be rid of it as of yet.  

So I need to add some color to my life.  What fall wardrobe doesn't have a cute suit?  Yes, mine and I wanted to rectify that and bring some more color to my life.  I am a Ponte Roma crack addict and I bought 5 yards of this luscious Ponte Roma Knit from  Fine Fabrics in Atlanta last February.  I loved how smooth it was, my crappy camera does not do the color justice.  It is actually a really off apple green color, but again, me and my crappy Iphone camera.



I used New Look 6481 for the Jacket.  After seeing Sew Craft Chemists version of the Jacket and how cute it looked on her, I decided to use this pattern for the jacket.  I liked that it was no fuss and I didn't have to button.  The design aesthetic was perfect and exactly what I was looking for.  For the pants I used New Look 6080 which is a TNT for me.  If I need a quick pair of zip side pants I opt for this pattern as I know exactly how it is going to fit.  It sits on my hips exactly where I need it too and the crotch is perfect.  I also love how the pant leg just falls.  


 






Happy Sewing!










9 comments :

  1. Nice suit.. the jacket looks really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be amazing Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye, you are always an awesome cheerleader for me.

      Delete
  3. First, let me say....I can't believe someone who creates lovely clothing as you do doesn't have more than one suit in her closet!!!! Wow!! I understand somewhat because we both live in Florida and suits could be a little warm. So I 'm really happy to see you adding them now. They'll make great separates in your wardrobe too! This beautiful suit is awesome, love the color (as described by you). I can't wait to see you post a picture of you in it on FB (or did you already and I missed it, LOL!). I'll have to go check! Beautiful work Ms. Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra, I am trying to do better. I appreciate you friend, and I love to your makes. Your awesome.

      Delete
  4. Your suit turned out so beautiful. I also have that jacket pattern but still haven't made it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey comeback I miss seeing your makes. Janie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS