Last week was a very productive week kind of. I didn't complete my goal of getting 7 garments sewn in 7 days, but I did get some garments completely done. I have been in a need of adding some simple tops to my wardrobe. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I do a major closet purge every year this around this time. So, when I do have many holes to fill and specifically tops. So I started a 7 day Sew - A - Thon to fill in some gaps in my closet and had some lovely remnants and leftover fabrics that I used to make these two tops:
I used one of my favorite patterns, my TNT, to make this top, New Look 6273:
(Quick Review: The pattern requires you to cut the back in two pieces and add a button closure. But Since I used a knit, I just cut on the fold removing 5/8 inch from the fold to get desired look.)
I freehand this top using a T Shirt I already own, and just traced it and gathered the sides to give it a little Shape.