Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Simplicity 1661: Animal Print Tie Front Top

Another day, another top.  Its getting quite lovely when I open up my closet door and see all my lovely new tops.  I have incorporated more colors than ever and to add a little splash, I've thrown in a lovely silk animal print top.  

This top has great potential, just because of the little details.  I especially like that I can tie the tie high on my neck or let it hang lower depending on the look I'm going for.  I also can see a few more of these in my closet come spring.    There is a little flair with the hi-lo effect and and penguin tale (what I call it).   It was every easy to make and from cut to finish took me about 2 1/2 hours.  









Another crappy mirror picture of me :


Untitled


Happy Sewing!


7 comments :

  1. This is such a simplistic top but it carries so much statement. Love the fabric choice for the pattern. Loved how you paired them with the off white trousers. Sophisticated Chic & Fab! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another day...another top - I love it! Yes...this is very cute...a nice addition I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been digging in my stash again. Love it. I agree with Natasha, c'est tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what the ladies say above - looks great, Melanie! Take care, Sheenagh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your animal print top... and you hair I am so drooling right now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Animal print & white - always Tres Chic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS