Monday, May 22, 2017

MYSTYLE: McCalls 7382 - Summer Work Wear

I'm so in love with dress.  The fabric is a really soft Challis from Fabricmart.  I purchased the fabric some ago and wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, because it was very busy.  I though a nice pair of Palazzo pants or wrap skirt.  I didn't imagine initially it could be a dress let alone a long flowy dress.  The fabric was just way to bsuy for me. 

I actually went against the grain on this one literally, I mean the pattern called for a Knit, but I decided to give it a try with this fabric.  I really didn't know how it would turn out, but thank goodness it turned out even better than I expected.  



Quick Review:  McCalls 7382:

Was it Easy:  Very
Modifications:   I used a challis instead of a Knit
Sizing:   True to size (I went up a size because of the non-stretch of the fabric).
Would I Make Again:  Definitely
Do I recommend:  Highly
Notes:  This is definitely and TNT for me.



Happy Sewing!

6 comments :

  1. Very Pretty! I'm glad you decided to take a chance with this fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely! Just like a patch of glorious flowers... thanks for the ray of sunshine on this cloudy day. Makes me think I need a floral dress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is great on you! I like it so much that I went to go look at the pattern. I never would have even considered that pattern by the photos on the cover. Your version looks so much better, IMO. Did you change the neckline? It looks very different than the pattern envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute Sis! It screams Florida!! I may need need to call my muscle guys to "nap" this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I love this dress! Bright and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS