Tuesday, May 23, 2017

MYSTYLE: MCCALLS 6078 - SUMMER WORK WEAR

When I say easy peasy.  I mean from cut to hem and finishing an hour tops.   This is as simple as it gets.  Oh please disregard the freaking band aid on my arm.  I had to give blood on this particular day and didn't realize before my photo I didn't take the darn thing off.  

The fabric is a remnant, and I think I only had about a yard and a half from The Sewing Studio here in Maitland, FL.   It has sat in my stash for a couple of years, and I originally purchased it to make an infinity scarf.  I needed something to wear to work one morning so I whipped this baby up in about 30 minutes.  The pattern had already been cut, since I have used this pattern several times its one of my favorite TNT's.  

The Pants I made some time ago.  They are made of a Linen Blend and just a simple pair of pants with elastic waist, and strawstring.  


Happy Sewing!

6 comments :

  1. Wow. Your outfit looks fabulous - you'll be the best dressed in your office this summer. It is difficult to look professional in the summer isn't it? I can never find anything in the shops that looks good. There is a general move towards skimpy and loose in the summer that spells casual rather than professional...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely summer work wear Melanie! Love both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect summer look. Simple, classic and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS