Monday, July 24, 2017

Client Sewing Showcase

I normally don't showcase my client work.  I try to use my blog for all of my self sewing to keep me accountable and working to improve my wardrobe. But I've been super busy with client work I haven't had much time for self sewing. 

I've working on wedding alterations and client work over the past couple of months .  I decided to do a quick showcase of some of the client work I've done over the last couple of months. The bottom Middle was my favorite as it was for a very special person.  The fabric was an authentic African fabric gifted to her from a student who was from Africa.  It was about yards of Panels, so I had to take extra care to get the panels to line up and balance out the blouse. She wanted a Pussy Bow so I made sure to make it extra large to give her the little pop she was looking for. She absolutely loved it.
Except for the Pussy Bow blouse, I got first fits on all without making an fit adjustments, love when that happens:


Quick Review and Patterns I used: 

Top Left:  No pattern self drafted
Top Middle:  Franken Patterns:  Top - McCalls 7601, Bottom - Simplicity 8093, modifications:  I added an inch to waist of bottom and only one pleat per section on bottom. 
Top Right:  Simplicity 1099, no modifications

Bottom Left:   McCalls 7601, no modifications
Bottom Middle:  McCalls 6650, my favorite TNT for this type of top, modifications:  contoured waist and hips and added a side zipper on left side and enlarged the bow at ends. 
Bottom Right:  No patterns self drafted

There are many more, that was sewn in last few months, but this first set are my notable mentions.

Here a few more:  














































































Happy Sewing!





4 comments :

  1. OMG! Honey you've been extremely busy! I wish I had just a quarter of your sewing energy, I ouwld be a beast! Love the beautiful fashions you created for your clients! Did you decide what to make for each? Or did they already know what they wanted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all beautiful. Good work, happy clients--you can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS, I am so happy for you.
    Way to go Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been really busy. I love all your makes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS