Monday, January 30, 2017

Sewing for Others: McCalls 6552 Jumpsuit (Nah Two Piece)


My favorite cousin is attending a wedding and she is the least person to go shopping for anything.  So when she came to me for an outfit for her friend’s wedding, I was more than eager to oblige.  Her style is simple but elegant.  She doesn't do a lot of out the box or trendy styles, she's comfortable when she can move and enjoy herself with as less fuss as humanly possible.  

I had her go through my hundreds of patterns to find something that she would like.  We picked out several but finally we both decided that this particular pattern would give her everything she wanted.   This pattern is actually a jumpsuit, but she doesn't do jumpsuits so I modified it to make it two piece set.  


McCalls 6552:


The jacket is made of a really pretty stretch lace fabric from Joanns.  The body of the garment is a metallic/Silver performance knit.   The only modifications I made were to lengthen the top a few inches and add an inch to the top of the pants to account for waistband, since this is a jumpsuit pattern to make it a just a top and pantsuit.    

This pattern has actually been on my list to make for myself for awhile.  I just had never gotten around to it.  I love the different pant styles and I will do a jumpsuit in a heartbeat for mself.  I'm still going to make it for myself one day soon. 


Happy Sewing?

4 comments :

  1. This is so beautiful! I like that you made into a two-piece. Your cousin is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is perfect for attending a wedding! When I first saw it, I thought it was for you. You definitely have to make a jumpsuit for yourself! Why oh why do we purchase so many patterns and never get around to sewing them? I have tons of them too! I guess they will pop up in the sewing queue at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to make this for myself. I have some really cute chalis fabric that I have been waiting to cut into, and this pattern would be perfect. I don't kno why but I really love the older patterns. I have a ton of the too. Thanks Myra.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS