Thursday, January 19, 2017

MYSTYLE: When In Paris Skirt.

I have fallen in love with skirts all over again.  There, for a very long time, I wouldn't wear skirts.  Not sure why I gave up on them, I guess I just went through a frumpy phase and only wanted to put on pants.

This particular skirt was made with fabric I found at Walmart.  Yes, for $1.00 a yard.  Its very light and I did not line.  I added pockets, because, I add pockets to everything.  I need pockets in my life always.  The skirt is pleated with an invisible zipper.  I paired my "When in Paris Skirt" with a sleeveless cross body top and denim bolero.  My shoes are nude pumps by Jessica Simpson.



Happy Sewing!

17 comments :

  1. Love this outfit - the skirt is beautiful and the pleats are on point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, you have been making the best things lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make cute things, what I really meant to say is, you have been really busy and making some beautiful garments for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I got what you meant Lori. You are always so kind. Thanks my friend.

      Delete
  4. Love the skirt! And that denim bolero is the cutest! Great job, you look classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! You have put together a super outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable but I was wondering if you could show how to figure out where to add pockets in a garment. I tried once but put it too low and had to cut it out. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, you can email me at darlingbme@gmail.com, and I'll explain my method.

      Delete
  7. I love it that you buy fabric from Wal-Mart because I do too!!! Very pretty skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina. I always find cute fabrics at Walmart and many of them are from the designers as Walmart and these fancy fabric stores. I have bought bad fabric from there too, but not often.

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty skirt! I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need that material in my life NOW!!!! Wee-Wee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS