Friday, January 27, 2017

Camoflauge Gathered Skirt and Lace Ruffled Strap Tank

Isn't it ironic, I was in the military for 8 years and I despised wearing fatigues/camouflage.  I had to wear fatigues/camo every single work day.   They were the most hideous uniform for a women especially, and they were heavy and not complimentary to your body.  I know that there is a reason for that, your taught your a soldier first and a women second.  

But fast forward, 23 years later I am in love with camouflage.  This gathered skirt made with fabric from Walmart believe it or not is one of my favorites.  I can't wait to make it in a Midi.  I don't really do Maxi's but I absolutely love Midi's.    






Happy Sewing!

8 comments :

  1. Love it!!! The Camo fabric makes it look trendy and youthful. Walmart huh? Didn't see it at my local Wally World...I'm on the hunt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, you can actually order it online too. Thanks darling.

      Delete
  2. It's definitely more fun to wear camo as a matter of choice. Your skirt turned out great. Midi length would be perfect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovin this dress, Melanie! My husband is retired Air Force and he currently works on post at Fort Knox, so I've lived in a world surrounded by fatigues. This is the "prettiest" I have ever seen it! Happy sewing my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina, thanks so much dear. I am Disabled Vet, and I thought I would never again wear camo after wearing it for 8 years. I kind of like it agian I guess.

      Delete
  4. Love the fashionable outfit. Bless you for your military ssrvice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS