Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Making Progress: McCalls 9147


I have decided that this pattern will be used  to several tops in different variations and colors and I can't wait to make them.  It is very simple and and straight forward pattern.  The "Tucks" at the waist as they are called, not "Darts" are awesome and can be adjusted to make the fit more flattering on the body. 

I am not done, it still needs to be hemmed and an the bottom added but I wanted to share my progress and I am so excited about this particular top.   Here you can see the phases as it take shape.  


I can't wait to show you guys how I plan to style it, so stay tuned. Happy Sewing!

6 comments :

  1. Very nice-- both the style and the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Peter Pan collar is so cute! Congratulations too on being picked for the Fabric Mart Fashion challenge. I'm competing too, and I'm excited to get going! Good luck. I think it will be a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, thanks. Congratulations to you as well. I am super excited and can't wait for our first challenge.

      Delete
  3. Melanie, "Do you know you are making my "dream" blouse? I adore a blouse with puff sleeves. I wish this "WalMart McCall's Pattern came in a size 6,8,10,12 for some reason it was only released in a size 14, 16, 18, 20, 22!?! Can't wait to see you finished blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina, thanks, and I am so glad I stumbled on too it. That stinks on the sizing, because it does run a little big too.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS