Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Conventional Circle Skirt Revolution!

I have been doing a lot of sewing but not much posting. It is prom and wedding season and I have been so busy with Prom Dresses and Wedding Dress alterations.  I have not had time to sew for myself in a very long while.  I have even started a new business venture with a very good friend/seamstress whom I have known for years.  We have contemplated on several occasions on doing some kind of collaboration, and while helping one another on various projects we decided to combine knowledge and experience launch a new venture, Customhousedesigns (More about that soon, so stay tuned).

I love mixing prints and using very unconventional fabrics.  I see fabric in everything and it seems as though the lovelier fabrics are non apparel fabrics, such has home decor.  

 Here are a couple of my latest designs.   


Animal Print Circle Skirt! A #CustomHousedesigns original!  Custom made and one of a kind apparel and accessories by @itsmelaniedarling and @polishedbou!  Stay tuned for the upcoming launch of Customhousedesigns and available distinct items for purchase t


and


Floral Jean Waist Circle Skirt! A #CustomHousedesigns original!  Custom made and one of a kind apparel and accessories by @itsmelaniedarling and @polishedbou!  Stay tuned for the upcoming launch of Customhousedesigns and available distinct items for purch


Happy Sewing!


4 comments :

  1. Beautiful skirts Melanie! Congratulations on your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute skirt where would I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cut a circle skirt and made a waistband. There are several tutorials on youtube, if you can't find one, let me know and I'll help.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS