Monday, April 6, 2015

A Certain Curtain Skirt!


Everywhere I look I see the potential for a garment.  Window Curtains, Shower Curtains, Bedding, Table Cloths, etc.   Nothing to me is off limits.  I have used car upholstery leather to make bags and clutches and shower curtains to make skirts, and tops.  Sometimes the fabrics used to make curtains and other home good items are such better and quality and prettier designs than apparel fabric. 

This particular circle skirt was made from a single window curtain panel. I just love how it came out and it flows when you walk. 


Knee Length Circle Skirt! A #CustomHousedesigns original!  Custom made and one of a kind apparel and accessories by @itsmelaniedarling and @polishedbou!  Stay tuned for the upcoming launch of Customhousedesigns and available distinct items for purchase th


Happy Sewing!

12 comments :

  1. This is a really cute skirt! I agree with you, fabric is fabric, and sometimes alternatives are cheaper. Of course, we have to know our fabric content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this skirt SBFF and the fabric is fantastic!!!
    Hugs
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the curtain panel! Is it from IKEA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! Is it lined, and if so what with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye this particular one is not lined, but I will be lining the other one made from the matching panel. I will line it with a cotton.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for that tidbit! I love those skirts and the way they look so sculptured. I would think that a lining of some sort would make it even more so, but didn't know what to possibly use to line it. Thanks.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS