Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Uh Oh Uh Oh - Stop - It's Hammer Time

I've been wanting a pair of Hammer Pants, Drop Crouch Pants, Harem Pants, whatever they are called anymore.  I see so many cute outfits and I thought, hey I can pull that off.  They are comfortable, and a quick fix, dress up or dress down.  I used some Rayon Challis from Joann's and whipped these babies up quickly this weekend.

I have made them in the pass using two pieces a front and a back piece, but never really got the desired look.  I found this pattern one day and saw that there is actually 4 pieces like the traditional pant pattern and I knew this would work far better.

The pattern I used is Kwik Sew 3701.  I made a couple of modifications in the crouch area, a little to low for me.




I am also wearing my Vince Camuto Wiver Platform Sandals that I Love and fit like a glove: 


Together I think they make for a snazzy outfit. 

Happy Sewing!

2 comments :

  1. Can't touch this, in my MC Hammer voice. I made a pair of hammer pants too earlier this year. I have yet to showcase. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS