Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wardrobe Building: "MYSTYLE"

It is that time again, I'm working on building my wardrobe from top to bottom.  

I have recently cleaned out my closet and rid myself of every item that I have not touched for at least a year.  I had so many pants I couldn't believe it. Pants I hadn't worn in several years, and couldn't get into if I tried.  I literally had size 6 to 12 in my closet.   After gaining weight a couple of years ago, I totally gave up on dresses and skirts. Not sure why because I have always loved them.  I guess I felt frumpy and decided to buy or make them,  just wear pants, to me it was easier.  I work in corporate America and lost the zeal to dress up and look pretty anymore, and my co'workers started to notice and question me about it .
 
Then it happened, I started taking my workouts serious, and though I haven't lost much weight, because I exercise to eat, my body started to change.  After a few months, I noticed my clothes started to fit a little different, and my pants no longer bulged at the waistline. I was like hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe this workout stuff is working after all.  Long story short, I am feeling like the old me again.  I started paying more attention to what I wear and taking the time to put my outfits together more cohesively.   I even had a co-worker tell me that I was "BACK".  LOL.  


So I am stuffing my closet full of beautiful garments that fit me and my style again.  I making things I love to wear and will be showcasing them here an on my other online sites.  My wardrobe building series is called"  "MYSTYLE".  Here a a few garments that I have made in the past and shared on on my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sites  Each piece except for the pink sweater was made by me:



 
As I build and post, I will share with you guys my patterns, modifications and styling preferences.  Have an awesome day and Happy Sewing!

15 comments :

  1. Congratulations and the workouts and the results. I love your style and look forward to all your great new garments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute way to journal your comeback!! Oh, and those shoes are my style, box'em up and ship'em out please and Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I will share the world with you, thanks my dear friend.

      Delete
  3. Oh this will definitely be fun to watch as well as a learning experience. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Faye. You have always been such a great supporter and I love you for it.

      Delete
  4. I love your outfits! Rebuilding a wardrobe is a great chance to make garments that suit your style. I can't wait to see more of your makes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Life is too short to beat ourselves up. So keep working on the body you want but keep dressing FABULOUSLY for the body you have! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Melanie, I am glad you have REDISCOVERED your old self. I truly understand the feeling that weight gain can have on your self esteem and clothing choices. Keep up the great work not only on you but your wardrobe. Much love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS