Thursday, July 28, 2016

Vintage Butterick 3782: Vintage 70's Halter Dress

I've been working on my Vintage Butterick dress for a few months now.  It was going to be a dress I wanted to wear to an event I was invited too, but after waiting to long to get started on it, I didn't finish it in enough time and it ended up waded up in my UFO pile.  I pulled it out again this past week in anticipation of finishing it and wearing it in September for my family reunion reception in Charleston, SC.  I think it will be a great dress for Charleston.  So close to the water and the vintage feel of the city.  I can't wait to show you guys the finish product.   

Here is a picture of top portion:




I have completed the bottom portion as well I just need to add elastic to the waist, hem, and were done.  I can't wait to take pictures. I absolutely love the flounce and "v" neckline and of course anything with pockets is Love with me. 

Here is a picture of the pattern.  


I purchased it on Etsy a few months ago.  I absolutely love the many patterns I can find on Etsy.  I feel like I can always find a gem. 


Happy Sewing!  IMD

3 comments :

  1. Wow, gorgeous fabric Ms. Melanie! I know this dress is going to be stunning on you! This is a great UFO for the Pericrafter challenge this month! Good luck with it and can't wait to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,it definitely looks beautiful so far. I love your fabric; I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Melanie!!! I can't wait to see it..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS