Tuesday, September 29, 2015

McCalls 6706: Hi Low Floral Pleated Skirt and Cowl Neck top

Good afternoon.  Hope all is well in Blogland.  It is rainy and dreary in Central Florida.  

This past weekend my Godson Kaiden was christened and his family wanted everyone to wear a shade of blue.  I bought the floral sateen this past weekend at Joann's.  I had a coupon for 50% off and it expired on last Saturday.  I cannot pass up or let a 50% coupon expire, I have to buy something if its nothing but a yard of knit.  Immediately when I saw this fabric, I knew it would go with a top had at home, so I purchased my two yards and rushed home to make my skirt.  I actually started on it Saturday night at 10:00 p.m. and was done by 1:00 a.m.  I made the top a bout a year ago, to go as a shell under a blazer, its a perfect shade of Royal blue Ponte.   I don't even remember the pattern I used for the Top.  I also made a quick little floral lapel using a thin strip of the skirt fabric.  Just twisted in a circle, hot glued it together and pinned it on. 

I just love how beautifully it came out, I am so pleased.  I didn't get a picture of myself in it as everything was moving so fast on Sunday.  But here it is:  

McCalls 6076 (View "C"):

Untitled


Happy Sewing!


  


17 comments :

  1. That is a BEAUTIFUL outfit! Great job! Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable...and don't blame you for not passing up this fabric, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, with a hint of fall with those colors in that skirt.. Mel, you always do it right..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt! love the print! it's a happy looking skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed that fabric at Joann! Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS