Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Vogue 8639: The Why Didn't I Listen to the Review Dress!

Yes, its pretty on the picture, and the shoes that I thought I would wear as pop with them would have been nice, but the dress fits awful.  The color is beautiful and I am angry I wasted my beautifully treasured Ponte Roma Knit.  I look huge breasted (I am very large in that area) and the pockets sit awkwardly, not mention I look 12 months pregnant.  This will certainly be donated to the Women's Shelter.  It gets no love from me!!!!!.



 
Happy Sewing!

10 comments :

  1. Don't you hate when that happens. I love your shoes and someone at the women's shelter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pity, it's so nicely made too. Someone is going to love it. I'm sorry it is not you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer! Take comfort that we have all been there at one time or another. Someone where you donate it will love it I feel sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this pattern and I was just thinking, oh that's so pretty made up. I have huge boobs too. I guess I will read the reviews and/or save this pattern for my daughter. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry you had dissipointment at the end of all that hard work, but it out beautiful,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is beautiful and so well made..So sorry it didn't work for you..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw...that's too bad Mel. Cute, cute shoes though! Sure you'll find new uses for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree! I've made this dress too, and as a lady with a large chest the result was a hot mess! Never again.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow nice dress. I am large busted compared to the rest of me (inverted triangle) and I have learned to stay away from anything drawing attention to the bustline or shoulders. I stick to U and V necks or a surplice neckline. Sorry about the fabric, but a good excuse to buy more! LOl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS