Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Grieving the Loss of My Dad.

I loss my Father this past Sunday after celebrating my Moms birthday.  My parents divorced when I was very young, but I was gifted great Stepparents from them both.  

Though he and I have had our issues from time to time, most recently we were closer than ever.  He has fought some major health battles this past year, in and out of the hospital, but was doing a little better when he came home last weekend.  

He had a way of making you want to grab and choke him in one moment and laugh and hug him all at the same time.  He was a Teddy Bear who tried so hard to be a Grizzly Bear.  I am going to miss you Daddy.  Rest in Peace.  

Mel Mel.



unknown author

Bye for now Daddy!


14 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my father several years ago so I understand the hole it leaves in your heart. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am praying for your strength my Sewl Sister. I lost my father at the age of 27. I was devistated. Although I still miss him to this day, I take with me all I have learned from him. I thank him daily for my husband (who is just like him). I have memories and I have me, one of his most valued projects. :-) So to you I say take time to grieve and then continue living for him, value what he has passed on to you and continue to be the person he loves and you'll automatically honor him daily. He'll always be there and you'lll learn that in time and you too will be at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Hope you have lots of love around you to help you through this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, I am so sorry .. Sending prayers and a big ole hug to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your loss Melanie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, I am so sorry to hear about you losing your father. As a daddy's girl myself, I can imagine the pain you are experiencing. You are definitely in my prayers. Sew'l Sista

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss. May God continually strengthen you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences. He is now is the loving arms of the ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for the loss of your father. I will keep you in my prayers. Cherish all those memories and just take it day by day. I lost my mother 6 years ago and im sad to say that is doesn't get better but it gets a little easier. sending miracles and blessing your way sew sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many condolences on the loss of your father.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS