Sunday, January 26, 2014

McCalls 6614 - Not So Sweat Shirt

Not so sweat shirt it what I am calling my latest creation. I love the color of the fabric, but the fabric was not a very good choice. I am not really sure what it is, a very stretchy light fleece fabric. I purchased the fabric many months ago. I have a pair of Nike tennis shoes and I thought a cute sweat shirt with my jeans would be cute.  Also, the shirt is huge, I cut what I thought was the closest size to my measurements, but the fit is horrible.

This sweat shirt will make a very nice cleaning, panting, yard work shirt, because that it is all it is fit to be.



Happy Sewing!

10 comments :

  1. Sorry about that! I know what a disappointment it is to sew something and then it doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn thank you, I keep looking at it like maybe somehow I can save it, but I can't its a wadder!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe make some pj's to match? it is a nice color & I'm sure you'll figure it out & attempt it again but all as always, you did a great job!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry.. it is always so frustrating when this happens.. But, I like Nana's suggestion.. Great idea, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color of the top is wonderful and I really like the cut as well. Too bad that it's too big. Oh well, live and learn. FYI, I've had lots of learning experiences ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I don't like unisex patterns. I agree it *appears* to be shaped on the girl on the envelope but it is not. I made it for my daughter in the smallest size but she's a tiny wisp of a thing so she can do shapeless. I cannot do shapeless. I love the raglan but...

    I think it will do as a throw on to lounge around the house in when it's slightly chilly.

    onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you! The good thing is...it's not a total waste and what a great color! Sweat shirts are so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no. I had high hopes for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS