Tuesday, September 3, 2013

McCall's 6744 Done but not for the Wedding.

I was so excited about my cousins wedding this past weekend.  I picked a pattern Simplicity 2281
and fabric a few weeks ago and was ready to sew it up last week, but assisting my very ill sister kept me from getting it started.   So I chose another pattern that I thought would be quicker  M6744, but needless to say I did not get that finished either before I had to leave for South Carolina.  So I ended wearing a dress I made a few months ago, M6700
 
I got a lot of  compliments on my M6700 dress so I was pleased, though the shoes I initially chose to wear with the dress fell apart.  They were my favorite dressy dress shoes and they died on me after 10 long years.  Thank God I had a decent backup.  A little too casual but I had no choice, so they worked.
 
After returning from the wedding, I finished M6744 and I can't wait for an opportunity to wear it.  Here goes:
 
 
 
Side View
 
I am so very pleased at how it turned out.  I love this pattern. 

10 comments :

  1. It is a very lovely dress - I hope you get to wear it somewhere nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice dress, Melanie! Like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't get it done in time for the wedding! But, it looks great and I love the fabric you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,
    I live in San Francisco and here there are few Fabric Stores, three that I visit frequently. I watched others disappear over the years. I think that is the trend all over, not just Florida. One you might look into online here in the city is Britex. There is a blog also. <>

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was worth finishing, looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS