Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Day and Night Dress Challenge: Coffee & Cocktails


This is my second time participating int he The Day and Night Dress Challenge.  I was particularly happy about it being about Coffee and Cocktails as I love the both.  Elizabeth of Elizabethmadethis is the gracious host who is such an amazing sewist. 




For my coffee look, I chose Burda 8072 in a lightweight linen.  I loved that pattern had such a vintage feel to it, and I love anything vintage.  This dress was very easy to make and I didn't need to make any modifications.  I know I will get a lot of wear out of it.  It comes highly recommended.






For my Cocktail look, I used McCalls M7722 in a awesome textured knit from Stylishfabric.com.   I was so impressed with the quality of the knit.  It was so soft to the touch and flows amazingly.


I decided to make my Cocktail dress with a little asymmetrical details.  I omitted and only did a peakaboo sleeve on one arm "View B".  I also added a flounce at the hem for a little zip.  I thought it came out very very lovely.    



Happy Sewing!
.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS