Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Outfit Planning, Fabric Decision.

So, I have narrowed down my fabric.  My goal this year is to be fierce, and to add color and pop into my new wardrobe for 2013.  As I sit here and look at myself, I have on a black and white knit top, black pants and black snake skinned pumps.  So, really I need so me color pop.  Color is all the rave this year, and last year too, so I am behind the curve ball.  


I have decided on two beautiful prints that I have in my fabric stash.  I haven't chosen a pattern yet, I am still debating and waiting to see what the weather will be like on that day here in sunny Orlando.  My choices are:

 

 
I am more partial to the red white and grey lightweight linen cotton blend  it also has a little pink and orange in as well.  It's soft and flows so I think a sundress would be cute.  I love the daring bright colored chemise, but it does have a hint of black and I am really trying to move away from black for awhile.  Though the bright colored fabric, fit all my wants right now. 

8 comments :

  1. I like the first fabric too. It seems light and airy - perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie it's wonderful having as part of the sewalong again.
    Love your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to be apart of it too. I got so many ideas, and I am so motivated.

      Delete
  3. Oh, go ahead and make two dresses! One for Easter morning and then one to change into Easter evening. You can do it! Buy pink shoes to go with these dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regina, I will do just that. I have not sewn in awhile, and I will be out looking for pink shoes this weekend.

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about color, black & white just seem like safe colors lol I even bought a B/W print for the PR blouse challenge lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna, its so easy to get stuck doing what you always do. Even though I try not too, I still gravitate to black.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. Have a great day!

IT'S MELANIE DARLING // BLOG DESIGN BY CHIC PIXELS